ABC Wednesday this week is the letter F so I start with a Foxglove from my garden last year

and Andreas Feininger (1906-1999) who was an architectural and industrial photographer in Stockholm before moving to New York. He used a purpose-built telephoto lens to photograph the city from miles away.
Photograph pasted from Artnet.comTo join in with abc Wednesday visit Mrs Nesbitts blog.



That is a very nice collection of photos.
ReplyDeleteWow that foxglove is a very pretty flower! Beautiful fossil also. Very nice ABC post!
ReplyDeleteI like all your photos but the last one is very interesting Great F post
ReplyDeleteI loved the one of the city and I did not know that about the telephoto lenses
ReplyDeleteThe Foxglove and the Fossil are beautiful! :)
ReplyDeleteOh how that foxglove reminds me of summer!
ReplyDeleteLove your ammonite, I always wanted one. The fog is beautiful and mysterious, and the frost is beautiful - is all that beading just on grass?
I've not seen Feininger's work before. That's an incredible photo for the time. Thanks for posting this.
Great choice of F's! Like them all. But the one with fosill is very fascinating...
ReplyDeleteThank you all for your comments, I was very lucky to collect the fossil, they can only be reached in March when there are very low tides.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photographs. Foxgloves are one of my favorite flowers and I love the fog as long as I don't have to drive in it.
ReplyDeleteThe foxgloves are so beautiful....one of my favorite flowers, and my hubby is a fossil hound at times so we both enjoyed those photos. The shot of NYC is stunning! I'll have to look at more of that photographer's work. Thanks for some great "F" photos!!
ReplyDeleteI don't grow foxglove in my garden but see it growing wild along the mountain highways in the summer.
ReplyDeleteBut the fossil! I have some little leaf fossils but that one is magnificent.
Love foxgloves, and the others were just as lovely. Great choices.
ReplyDeleteHi - thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog :)
ReplyDeleteI particularly like your fossil photo. I studied it too and I still have my geological hammer for the odd bit of fossiling when we go down to Dorset!