01 March 2008

Photohunter - Party



This really was a Photohunt and I found it when I wasn't really looking! I decided to look through a box of old photographs belonging to my Mum and Dad and found this photo. Perfect for the Party theme - the occasion? The Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, unfortunately I am not in the photograph and I don't know who the people are, it was taken at the street party on the day of the coronation.

The tables are all set for my friend's 40th Wedding Anniversary party.

17 comments:

  1. The coronation party shot is remarkable. What a cool one to have. I also like the shot of the tables which are set for the anniversary. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carver, my Dad, who was a semi-professional photographer took the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coronation hats! Why don't we wear hats anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:13 pm

    i love red balloons. i always snatch one hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:20 pm

    That brings back memories if similar parties - there is one I shoulkd have used from the V-Day celebrations.
    I was messing about with my entry and lost your comment, thanks anyway.
    Aileni.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the coronation foto and hope you have/had fun at your friend's 40th Wedding Anniversary party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at those adorable hats! And 40th anniversary? Wow!

    Write From Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paul Galico wrote a story about the coronation (entitled "Coronation") which captured something special about the event. A family travels from somewhere to London to join in the festivities. Although no one actually sees the coronation, nor even the new queen, everyone in the family gets something special from the effort. I remember especially the daughter--probably the age of those int he photo--went looking for a princess. She caught a glimpse through the crowd of some wispy pink gown, and that, to her, was a fairy princess.

    We each have chosen a very personal interpretation of party for our posts today, and I really like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. surely party party are fun! i like the photos you posted here especially the first one,interesting old photo.HAPPY HUNTING!

    check out mine here;
    Crazy Filipinas Party

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely entries. How wonderful to have such a clear photo of a Coronation street-party. I remember my little sister had a sailor-suit dress like that one in the foreground. Mothers were stitching for weeks to turn old clothes int red, white, and blue bunting. A great time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The old black and white photo is so precious. The ladies look so dainty wearing hats.

    It seems like a grand party for a 40 year wedding anniversay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the old photos, i think that would make a great photo hunt theme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots. I wonder if we'll see a diamond jubilee bash. Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the B&W photo :)
    Now where are the guest for the wedding anniversary party?? I'm free...ya know!! *kidding*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9:37 am

    The coronation event picture must have been very precious to your parents. There's so much nostalgia to it.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pictures! I love the coronation party! Perfect pics for this weeks theme!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.