At this time of the year I love to see all the different grasses that grow, where I walk in the mornings part of the area has been left wild, it is wonderful to see the changes over the seasons.
I've been trying to take photographs of grasses in the last couple of days - and failing because they won't keep still. I wondered if the solution might be to achieve a sense of movement. So I tried photographing a patch of wall barley.That didn't work either. It just came out as a pale green blur. But I very much agree with you how beautiful they are.
So pleased you are planning to include posts about urban wild plants in your range of interests. I've added you and your blog to the list of Street Plant Bloggers
The box for links will be opening tomorrow morning at 7am and will stay open till the evening of the 25th so if you would like to there's time to join in straight away. I don't know how many people will be taking part - it's an idea at its beginnings - but the plants people have found so far have all been interesting.
The grasses are looking stunning at the moment and I had hoped to learn more about them this year, tried to ID a few and it is quite complicated to get them right, will stick with wild flowers for now and just enjoy them..Lovely photos.. Amanda xx
I've been trying to take photographs of grasses in the last couple of days - and failing because they won't keep still. I wondered if the solution might be to achieve a sense of movement. So I tried photographing a patch of wall barley.That didn't work either. It just came out as a pale green blur. But I very much agree with you how beautiful they are.
ReplyDeleteSo pleased you are planning to include posts about urban wild plants in your range of interests. I've added you and your blog to the list of Street Plant Bloggers
http://looseandleafy.blogspot.co.uk/p/street-plant.html
The box for links will be opening tomorrow morning at 7am and will stay open till the evening of the 25th so if you would like to there's time to join in straight away. I don't know how many people will be taking part - it's an idea at its beginnings - but the plants people have found so far have all been interesting.
Lucy
The grasses are looking stunning at the moment and I had hoped to learn more about them this year, tried to ID a few and it is quite complicated to get them right, will stick with wild flowers for now and just enjoy them..Lovely photos..
ReplyDeleteAmanda xx