I am going wild for 30 days. I have signed up with the Wildlife Trust's campaign to do something wild every day during June.
Follow this link to find out all about it: http://wtru.st/30DaysWild
Day one:
Today was a wild and windy day so I did not venture far from the house. I looked in my garden to see what wildflowers I had.
Red Campion
Red Campion can be seen at this time of the year along the sides of the roads, in woodlands and hedges, they usually start flowering just as the bluebells stop.
Comfrey
I have just been given this comfrey, I know it will grow into a large plant so I am deciding where to put it as I do not have a large garden. Comfrey can be used as a liquid fertiliser or added to the compost heap to act as a activator.
Bluebells
These are my bluebells from a few weeks ago, I don't have many natural English bluebells, I would love more but when I looked into buying the bulbs they are sold in large quantities and I just don't have the room.
I am hoping to post a photograph every day of my going wild month so check back to see what I have been doing.





What a cool idea! Nature is so refreshing.
ReplyDeleteRinda
what a great idea, I look forward to following your wild month
ReplyDeleteI love this idea and will join you. I have 'signed up'
ReplyDelete