15 June 2015

Me on Monday

Waving to Sian and all my blog readers.  It was a very busy kind of weekend.

Saturday started with me playing with the wind band on the bandstand in the park in the rain!  The town has a charity day in the park each year to enable all the clubs and charities in the local area to raise money,  it is rare for it to rain which it did in the morning but in the afternoon it had stopped and was cloudy so it was a successful day.


Each charity has a stall and there is entertainment in the big ring from the dancing club, ATC and other clubs, also the bandstand is used for entertainment from different groups. In the afternoon I helped with the Gardening Club selling plants and recruiting new members.



Sunday I attended a  dog show to raise money for Greyhound Rescue, the weather was not too hot which was good as the dogs did not get overheated.  

 A trio of black greyhounds.



Monday finds me visiting friends for our 'craft group' I am crocheting around the edge of this blanket my sister knitted for the Cats Protection League.




                       Me on Monday, is a wonderful idea started by Sian from High in the Sky
where you can find who else is taking part.


7 comments:

  1. A charity day sounds like fun, I wish they did something similar here. I'm glad to see you had your music pegged to the stand - a true professional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw Pavaraotti on TV with his music pegged on his stand, I did laugh!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving the border round that blanket: it is finishing it off so nicely. I hope the rain stays away this week for you..it hasn't been much of a summer so far, has it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully this week will be sunny, I am fed up with the rain and cold wind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely blanket for the kitties. (Mary-Lou)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds a lovely weekend - great idea to have a fair for all local charities

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad the weather improved for your Charities day! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them all, I love to hear from my readers.




LinkWithin

.